Monday, January 9, 2017

Snow and ice day outtakes. . . . . . .


. . . . . . . it wasn't all about the birds. I promise.

Front porch - jasmine still hanging on, old bird houses and lanterns rusting out,
 paint peeling. . . . . not much new or rearranged so the birds loving hanging out here.

Dried hydrangea heads dangle with a covering of ice crystals.

Potting shed awaits Spring - a cleaning and reorganizing chore ahead for me!

Garden plants take on a Winter disguise.

Fire wood being used each evening - gathering by a crackling fire on these cold nights
is so comforting.

Here's to the next snow day - hopefully with soft, fluffy white flakes
 for snowballs and snow people!


8 comments:

  1. I would be really looking forward to getting out in that potting shed, Mary. I'm ready for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more snow please here in my area. We are still waiting for our 8 inches to melt. Still house bound after 4 days. And our builder can't start anything until the snow is off the roads and they can get here....so please no more snow in my area :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you expecting more snow? Your gardening shed looks darling in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On one hand, after that long sad year in NY State with snow storm after snowstorm, I don't want to see it ever again. But yours is beautiful :) On the other hand, I am planning to return to NY and will no doubt, be seeing all that snow again someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice crystals on plants here too. Pretty, but treacherous for getting out and about. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary, I love your little garden house. The green the blue and the purple are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,
    Doesn't snow make everything look so pretty ... and clean ?
    I love that little squirrel .... not everyone likes then do they ? We get a few in our garden and, because there aren't too many, they don't really do any damage so I love them .... same with the foxes.
    No snow here yet but we might get a flurry later in the week.
    Keep warm Mary and take care in that snow. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your potting shed phot here looks so lovely, again! o

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.